Tuesday, January 13, 2009

daily thoughts...

Is it just me, or does everyone get extremely stressed way too often? I feel as though during the school week I am stuck in this ridiculous world of homework, reading, studying, and other school commitments. I don't regret the honors classes and extra commitments that I've made at all I just think everything has become quite repetitive. I mean I love seeing my friends at school and laughing and joking with them, but when that's not there I feel like I'm stuck in a bad dream...

Recently my school day feels like seven days in one. Classes that I used to not mind I've come to find drawn out and boring. Maybe this is just the dreaded junior year that everyone talks about. It's by this point that everyone says it gets pretty bad. Between midterms coming up and SAT classes starting soon, I'm beginning to get a little intimidated and stressed (what else is new?). 

Is anyone else feeling this? 

I just feel like school has become a blur and it's hard to enjoy it like I did in the beginning of the year. Anyone else on the same page? I'm just curious to see if anyone else is feeling this weird junior year school thing like I am.

There are still many good things in my life right now, which is good obviously. haha. I still have dance, my passion. Going to class every night keeps me going. It reminds me of the beautiful things in life. I remember the definition of hard work and perseverance when I'm in class. I make goals, work at them, work at them, and work at them some more until I feel satisfied with my craft. The best feeling of all is when we go to competitions and do amazing. It just makes me feel as though all of the hard and grueling rehearsals have paid off in one of the most rewarding ways possible. And not to mention all of my fantastic friends at dance. My company and I have one of the closest bonds friends can have. I will love them forever =]

Some other good stuff is always my friends and my boyfriend. They know me. They make me laugh, cheer me up, offer an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on and what not. Ya know, all that corny stuff. haha. And someone like me, a person who just needs to vent about life or whatever is on my mind sometimes, can always use a good friend. But personally I enjoy checking up on people, and asking how their day was/how practice went/how the appointment went/how so-and-so is, so my friends always provide that voice to answer all of my questions. And when I say check up on them, I don't mean in a creepy clingy way, but rather in a concerned and interested good friend way. haha. Just making sure we're clear on that one ;]

So, those are my thoughts for the day. I definitely needed to get that off my chest. Love to hear some feedback!



2 comments:

  1. I used to get really stressed just the way you described. But then I realized I could slide by and that school isn't that important to stress out about. I certainly do not want to look back at these four years and dread them because I remember being stressed all the time. In my opinion, it is more important to have fun than to do well in school. Colleges are mostly the same; I don't think its worth the extra effort and stress just to be able to go to a slightly more prestigious college that is probably more expensive. My grad school is probably more important anyway. So back to sliding by. I dont know about you but I used to try my best at all my assignments. Now I challenge myself to finish something as quickly as possible so I can enjoy these years as much as possible. I might not get as good a grade as I would if I tried harder, but it still suffices and allows me more time to have fun.
    It is sad that you and many others like you will look back and remember how stressful it was. I do not want that memory and that is why I have 'chilled out' lately. Good post though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i commend you for looking at the your life and realizing that you need to change and "de-stress"! i don't know if rushing through my assignments is what i need to do personally, but i like your thoughts about college. i think i am going to breathe more when i do all of my work and what not. i think that will help me enjoy these 4 years, which i really want to do. don't get me wrong, i haven't looked back on freshman and sophomore year and said "wow that was awful" but i think i can make the rest of this year and senior year fantastic if i learn to "chill out" like you have done so well haha! thanks for the comment, i liked hearing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete